Fatimagiri convent started on April 26, 1971 in Chandakunnu – Nilambur, aside the Calicut Ootty road, on an expanse of ten acres. Two months later, on first June, the school started with 6 pupils on roll. For the past 27 years, the school imparted specialized instruction at the lower primary stage, with classes I to IV and kindergarten. In 1999 the school was upgraded to a High School and switched over to C.B.S.E. Syllabus. In 2011 the School was again upgraded to a Higher Secondary School.
1. The academic year consists of two Semesters
2. It is co-educational and the medium of instruction is English.
3. Course of Study consists of
1. Languages: English, Malayalam, Hindi
3. General Science
4. Social Science
5. Health Education
6. Moral Instruction or Catechism
7. Computer Study
8. Communicative English (English Tongue)
1. Music and Dance
2. Literary Activities
3. Sports and Games
4. School Parliament
5. House System
6. Club Activities
7. Yoga and Martial arts
All the pupils must abide by the school rules of conduct and discipline and must bear in mind the following points:
1. Pupils should be punctual and regular.
2. Pupils should be in correct, neat, clean and tidy uniform.
3. Books or Magazines not approved by the school authorities shall be confiscated.
4. Speaking English is a “must” in school. The respective language can be used during the language classes.
5. The primary civic duty is to guard public property. School property is public property and care should be taken to protect it. Expenses for damage done to school property must be borne by the parent or guardian of the child.
6. Collection of money for any purpose is not allowed without the prior permission of the Principal.
7. Every student must have a minimum of 85% attendance to be eligible to appear for the annual exams/be promoted to the next class.
8. Applications for leave during the last few days of any term will not be entertained. If, a pupil cannot attend class owing to illness, a medical certificate must be submitted.
9. Students are not allowed to leave the school campus without the Principal's written consent during school hours. They are not allowed to leave their classrooms without their Teacher's consent.
10. Smoking and consumption of alcohol/use of drugs is a punishable offence. Instant expulsion will be the consequence of such an action.
11. Students should not carry mobile phones to school, if found with mobiles, the same will be confiscated and returned only at the end of the year.